The name of R|Z568M relates to one of the original nixie tubes made back in 60’s – a Z568M. The R in its name means resurrection. I wanted to pay tribute to old engineers from RFT company who chose this name and I decided to keep it, so together it makes “R|Z568M”.
Original Z568M was manufactured in East Germany by RFT, a tube making company. I personally find this tube most beautiful nixie tube ever. Vintage font, nice inner structure, eye-catching proportions, this was the reason why I took this tube as an inspiration for my first tube design – R|Z568M.
- Height: 125mm
- Weight: 110g
- Symbol height: 50mm
- Ignition voltage (max): 140V
- Maintaining voltage (typical): 130V
- Extinguishing voltage (typical): 120V
- Minimum supply voltage: 170V
- Minimum current: 5mA
- Maximum current: 8mA
- Storage temperature: from -20ºC to +60ºC
- Operating temperature: from -10ºC to + 50ºC
- Expected lifetime: over 20 years or 200.000 hours (running 24/7)
The warranty cover:
- defects in workmanship and material
- defects in glow of digits
- defects of gas mixture
The warranty doesn’t cover:
- issues caused by usage of excessive current (over 8mA) – please refer to Technical data for current specifications.
- damage of a product resulting from negligence
- damage of a product resulting from unauthorized modification of the product
- damage caused by natural disaster
- theft or loss of the product