Oxygen concentrator

Estimate reading time: 2 minutes

I decided to switch to oxygen concentrators from liquid oxygen in tanks. The tank is empty really fast and getting a full one is bothering, time and money consuming 😉 So I bought a slightly used Oxymat 3 from eBay, it was sold as-is and I counted with some malfunction. This one is a new model and has only 4760 hours on it, the price was 150 EUR. When I turned the oxycon on, it started to beep and signalised a problem with red LED. So I took it apart and found one plastic fitting broken, it was the fitting what is connected to the can with sieve material. This fitting has a G 1/8 thread, I found one brass fitting with that thread in my stock, so I mounted it into the can sealing it with a teflon tape. The pressure in the can is around 2 bar (30 PSI), not much.. So the  seal by teflon tape is OK here. I insert a 6mm OD copper tubing in the place of the original fitting and connected it to the brass fitting with PVC hose.

Two sieve cans, the right one has a broken outlet..

Broken fitting..

Brass fitting..

A piece of the copper tubing, the brass fitting is already mounted into the sieve can with teflon tape.


I also modified the O2 output, I mount a 6mm OD brass tubing instead of the original fitting with thread.