I decided to switch to oxygen concentrators from liquid oxygen in tanks. The tank is empty really fast and getting a full one is bothering, time and money consuming 😉 So I bought a slightly used Oxymat 3 from eBay, it was sold as-is and I counted with some malfunction. This one is a new model and has only 4760 hours on it, the price was 150 EUR. When I turned the oxycon on, it started to beep and signalised a problem with red LED. So I took it apart and found one plastic fitting broken, it was the fitting what is connected to the can with sieve material. This fitting has a G 1/8 thread, I found one brass fitting with that thread in my stock, so I mounted it into the can sealing it with a teflon tape. The pressure in the can is around 2 bar (30 PSI), not much.. So the seal by teflon tape is OK here. I insert a 6mm OD copper tubing in the place of the original fitting and connected it to the brass fitting with PVC hose.
It has been some time since my last blog post, don’t be afraid, I am still working on nixie tube project! Around 2-3 hours a day in average. I am building a shed on the garden where I will place all the workshop. I hope it will be finished in one month.
I am also parallely working on the last parts of the whole nixie tube project. One of the most important things are the inner metal parts, I originally planned to etch them myself, but that project became so complicated that I try to outsource as many processes as I can (as I can afford 😉 ). So I found a great local company making etched parts for model makers, we agreed on a test etching and there are the results: